Learn More About TRANSCAER’s Outreach Efforts
Each state coordinator volunteers with communities within their state to help prepare them for and respond to a possible hazardous materials transportation incident. State coordinators implement TRANSCAER in their state, share information and learnings with regional coordinators, organize resources, and prioritize TRANSCAER activity locations.
State Coordinator Responsibilities
- Promote TRANSCAER events that are being hosted by TRANSCAER Sponsors and Partners within your state/region.
- Identify state TRANSCAER needs and opportunities.
- Submit training requests to TRANSCAER sponsors or send to the national level.
- Engage with local LEPCs to identify their training/emergency planning needs.
- Provide speakers and/or make TRANSCAER presentations.
- Maintain a listing of state TRANSCAER activities, contacts, resources, and speakers.
- Keep your contact information updated on the TRANSCAER website.
- Provide regular updates on state TRANSCAER issues to your Regional Coordinator.
- Commit one to two days a month to implementing TRANSCAER.
Find Your Local Coordinator
If you are looking for training or additional resources, please contact your State Coordinator.
If you share TRANSCAER’s mission to help communities prepare for and respond to hazmat emergencies, consider applying to be a coordinator.
Browse through the hazmat training events available in your region or state. All events are free and help emergency responders prepare for hazmat incidents.
Find Training Events
Find Training Events Near You
- United States
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
Sponsors & Partners
Learn more about the organizations that provide free, quality training for emergency responders.
As a sponsor, your organization gets exclusive opportunities to build relationships with emergency responders, industry and transportation companies.
If you have additional questions about TRANSCAER training programs, connect with your regional or state coordinator.