The 2021 application period is now closed.
In 2021, at least two hazmat teams will be selected to receive $500 to $2,500 in funding.
To be eligible to apply for funding through the TRANSCAER Hazmat Team Response Fund, hazmat teams must meet the following criteria:
- The Hazmat Team within a local or state fire department must be located in the United States and be legally organized under state law.
- The Hazmat Team must demonstrate their need to receive funding and in the application essay must describe the specific hazmat equipment that would be purchased and/or specific advanced training the hazmat team would attend to increase their response capabilities to hazardous material transportation incidents.
- Only one application will be accepted per Hazmat Team/Department. Any subsequent applications received from the Hazmat Team/Department during the application period will be disqualified.
- Past recipients of funding through the TRANSCAER Hazmat Team Response Fund must wait 5 years before reapplying for additional funding.
- The hazmat teams that receive funding must use the money to increase their hazmat response capabilities and not for any other purpose. The funding cannot be redistributed.
- The hazmat teams that receive funding agree that their department/hazmat team name, details from their application essay, and all photos taken during the award presentation may be used in media by CHEMTREC, TRANSCAER, and the American Chemistry Council for the purposes of promoting the TRANSCAER Hazmat Team Response Fund program.
- The hazmat teams who receive funding also agree to a department visit by a TRANSCAER representative for an award presentation within 60 days of notification of being selected as a recipient.
Applications that do not meet the stated criteria will be disqualified from the application process.
After the application period ends, the TRANSCAER Executive Committee will review the applications to assess financial need, anticipated use of funds, community risk and overall eligibility. At minimum, two hazmat teams will be selected to each receive $500 to $2,500 in funding. Selections are based upon the information provided in the application essay and the decisions of the TRANSCAER Executive Committee are final.
The winners will be announced by July 1, 2021. The winning hazmat teams will be contacted directly before a public announcement is made.
- No purchase or use of services is necessary to enter or receive funding.
- Purchases or use of services do not enhance the chance of selection.
- Void where prohibited.
- The odds of selection depend upon the number of entries received before the deadline.
- If the successful applicant(s) is subject to U.S. taxes it will receive a 1099 tax form and the successful applicant(s) is responsible for all applicable taxes.