» Who We Are
» TRANSCAER® Organization
TRANSCAER® is organized into two groups: the National TRANSCAER® Task Group, which manages the TRANSCAER® program and the Regional Approach, which implements TRANSCAER® and the nine TRANSCAER® steps.
National TRANSCAER® Task Group
Mission: To provide leadership at the National level, and resources and assistance to Regional Coordinators and State Teams.
The National TRANSCAER® Task Group (NTTG) is the managing body of the TRANSCAER® initiative. The NTTG steers the overall direction of TRANSCAER®, develops manuals and other tools to help the regional and state coordinators implement TRANSCAER®, and manages TRANSCAER® resources.
The NTTG is made up of volunteers who meet regularly. They are:
- Keith Silverman, Ashland Inc.
- Erica Bernstein The Chlorine Institute, Inc.
- David Schoendorfer, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Andy Elkins, Association of American Railroads
- Donna L. Lepik, TRANSCAER® and CHEMTREC®
- Steve M. McNealy, Kansas City Southern Railway
- Rollie Shook, Dow Chemical
- Missy Ruff, Renewable Fuels Association
- Brian K. Dailey, Chemours
- Stephen F. Torres, Schneider National Bulk Carriers
- Chad Blake, Covestro LLC
- Justin Louchheim, The Fertilizer Institute
- David B. Binder, Tanner Industries, Inc.
- Thomas F. McGourty, BASF Corporation
- Paul Duckworth, Nutrien
- Tyler A. Parker, and Joshua Carrillo Union Pacific Railroad
- Robin Rorick, American Petroleum Institute
- Sam Hall, U. S. Department of Transportation/PHMSA
- Ellen Edge, U. S. Department of Energy
- Tom Kiddy, U. S. Department of Transportation/PHMSA
- Lisa Matsinger, U.S. DOT Federal Railroad Administration
- Joe Taylor, CSX Transportation
- Suzanne Lemieux, American Petroleum Institute
- Derek Lampkin, BNSF Railway
- Ken Desmond, National Volunteer Fire Council
- Clem W. Schimikowski, Canadian Pacific
- Susan Nauman, Industrial Steel Drum Institute (ISDI)
- Daphne Magnuson, Center for Liquefied Natural Gas (CLNG)
- Rob Benedict, American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufactures
- Paul Holt, Union Pacific Railroad
- John Day, CN
- Toby Crow, Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™
- Erin Murray, Koppers Inc.
TRANSCAER® divides the country into five regions, and then again into states. Each region has a regional coordinator and each state has a state coordinator. TRANSCAER® relies on these people to implement TRANSCAER® in their respective areas.
Each state coordinator works with communities within his or her state to help prepare them for and respond to a possible transportation hazardous materials incident. In many cases, there is a state TRANSCAER® Team. The make-up of the team varies with each state. The Team then creates a TRANSCAER® plan that best fits the needs of the state. For specific information, activities, and contacts for your state and region, visit Regional & State Information