TRANSCAER Hazmat Training
Yorktown CBRNE Training Center
503 Back Creek Road
Seaford VA 23696
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from email@example.com.
- Classroom instruction and field exercises
- Complimentary breakfast & lunch
- Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
- Technician Level (Ammonia Drill – Entry)
- Operations Level (Ammonia Drill – Decon & Air Monitoring)
- First responders
- Vinyl Chloride Monomer
- Ammonia Properties & Emergency Response:An overview of anhydrous ammonia, including its chemical and physical properties, placards, labels, containers, tank construction, and the hazards and potential outcomes associated with an anhydrous ammonia incident.
- Chlorine Emergency Response & VCM Overview: Learn about the physical and chemical properties, transportation methods, health effects of acute exposure, proper selection of personal protective equipment, first aid, and medical treatment measures of chlorine (a toxic gas) and vinyl chloride monomer (VCM, a flammable gas).
- Ammonia Drill: Live release ammonia drill for participants to practice and perform basic control and confinement operations, including tarp and cover. Decontamination and air monitoring will also be incorporated into the drill.
- A-Kit Workshop: Learn about potential leak scenarios for chlorine 150-lb cylinders and how to mitigate those leaks. Install new and old versions of the Emergency Kit “A” on chlorine cylinders.
- B-Kit Workshop: Learn about potential leak scenarios for chlorine ton containers and how to mitigate those leaks. Install new and old versions of the Emergency Kit “B” on ton container training devices.
- C-Kit Workshop: Learn about potential leak scenarios for chlorine rail tank car valves and fittings and how to mitigate those leaks. Install the Emergency Kit “C” on chlorine tank car valve arrangements for standard and next generation (dual valve system) assemblies
Required PPE for Drill Participants (MUST BRING WITH YOU):
- All Drill Participants: SCBA (there is a bottle refill station on site)
- Operations Level Drill Participants: Turnout Gear or Level B, plus thermal gloves & chemical gloves
- Technician Level Drill Participants: Level A or Encapsulated Level B + plus thermal gloves & chemical gloves. You can utilize Level A suits that are expired or did not pass pressure test at this drill. No manufacturer’s "training only" designated suits will be allowed.
- Safety Glasses (All attendees)
- Work Gloves (All attendees)
*Must be Technician Level to enter the live release area of the ammonia drill.
*Operations Level can participate in decontamination and air monitoring.
Please advise the instructor(s) of any pre-existing medical condition(s) that may preclude you from participating in any field exercise. Stay hydrated and alert.
Be onsite by 8:00AM for registration. Class will begin promptly at 8:30AM.
You MUST pre-register for this event, we cannot accommodate walk-ins at this training. The Sept. 21 training session is hosted through the VA Association of Hazmat Response Specialists during their Annual Hazmat Conference.
REGISTRATION: At this time we can only accommodate 48 attendees at this training event. If required registration capacity may be reduced. You will be contacted directly if your registration has to be canceled.
- The Chlorine Institute
- Virginia Association of Hazardous Materials Response Specialists