Ethanol Safety & Steel Drum 101 Seminar
Scott County Emergency Operation Center - Room EOC
1100 E. 46th St.
Davenport IA 52807
- to CDT
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classroom instruction
- Complimentary lunch
- Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
- Hazmat technician/specialist
- First responders
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
- Transportation/Storage practice for steel drums
- Performance standards for steel drums
- Fusible plugs
- Ethanol introduction
- Ethanol and Ethanol-Blended Fuels
- Chemical and Physical Characteristics of Ethanol and Hydrocarbon Fuels
- Transportation and Transfer
- Storage and Dispensing Locations
- Fire Fighting Foam Principles
- General Health and Safety Considerations
- Storage and Pre-planning Considerations
Steel Drums 101 Seminar - Provide First Responders with helpful information to better comprehend the components of steel drums. From understanding the difference between an open-head and a tight-head steel drum to being able to interpret the UN marking, The instructor will dive into the vital safety standards first responders need to know.
Ethanol Safety Seminar - Get an in-depth look at proper training techniques needed when responding to an ethanol - related emergency.
See attached map for parking instructions.