Ethanol Safety & Steel Drum 101 Seminar
Scott County Emergency Operation Center - Room EOC
1100 E. 46th St.
Davenport IA 52807
- to CDT
- Classroom instruction
- Complimentary lunch
- Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
- Hazmat technician/specialist
- First responders
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
- Transportation/Storage practice for steel drums
- Performance standards for steel drums
- Fusible plugs
- Ethanol introduction
- Ethanol and Ethanol-Blended Fuels
- Chemical and Physical Characteristics of Ethanol and Hydrocarbon Fuels
- Transportation and Transfer
- Storage and Dispensing Locations
- Fire Fighting Foam Principles
- General Health and Safety Considerations
- Storage and Pre-planning Considerations
Steel Drums 101 Seminar - Provide First Responders with helpful information to better comprehend the components of steel drums. From understanding the difference between an open-head and a tight-head steel drum to being able to interpret the UN marking, The instructor will dive into the vital safety standards first responders need to know.
Ethanol Safety Seminar - Get an in-depth look at proper training techniques needed when responding to an ethanol - related emergency.
See attached map for parking instructions.
- Renewable Fuels Association (RFA)
- Industrial Steel Drum Institute (ISDI)
16024 Manchester Rd, Suite 101
Ellisville MO 63011