Railroad 101 - POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This 4 hour program is designed for all emergency responders including Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement, Emergency Managers, Dispatchers to give a better understanding of incidents along the railroad right of way.
- All First Responder Agencies
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
- Safety On Railroad Property
- Rail Equipment Identification
- Rail Tank Cars
- Incident Response Procedures
- Working with Railroad Officials
- AskRail Mobile App
- Rail Shipping Documents
The program starts with and introduction to Railroad Safety and builds on basic concepts of protection of the responder while operating in the railroad right of way.
The program expands the knowledge of the attendee so that there is a clear understanding of railroad terminology, railroad response and actions and assists the responder in identifying types of equipment. Additionally the program will cover the railroads paperwork and the tools available to responders that will assist during an incident.
There is no safety equipment needed for this program as it will be classroom only.
Registration will remain open until after the event. Walk-ins are welcome to register on-site at the training event, however we strongly encourage pre-registration.
Once class is complete, a Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you.