Chlorine Emergencies: An Overview for First Responders
This video was developed to help first responders prepare to act in those critical first 15 minutes – what to do when the call comes in, what to expect on-scene, and where to find the resources needed to contain a release. The video includes information on resources for mobile devices, security & antiterrorism considerations, and an explanation of shelter-in-place, and chlorine release footage.
- Chlorine Overview and Uses
- Chemical and Physical Properties of Chlorine
- Site Safety Plan, Chlorine Emergency
- Community Awareness, Public Protective Actions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- First Response to Chlorine Exposures
- Chlorine Transport
- Disposal Options for Chlorine
- Chlorine Dispersion and Ecological Effects
- Shelter-in-Place Considerations
More Online Training
Explore other hazmat training topics in the TRANSCAER online video course library.