Union Pacific Railroad - Hazardous Materials Railroad 101 Webinar
This is a virtual event. You will receive additional information after registering.
- to CDT (Registration Closed)
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from email@example.com.
- Union Pacific Railroad system map with the contact information of the Hazmat Manager in your area. We encourage you to reach out to them at any time with questions or concerns, along with requests for training.
- One page sheet that you can laminate and keep in your response plans that reviews safety, tank cars, contacting the railroad and a sample consist and how to read and understand it.
- Q&A Session via Chat Feature with other Union Pacific Hazmat Managers during the webinar.
- New updated course that includes improved graphics, voice over animation, and a more in-depth view of particular areas.
- Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed 1-2 business days following the webinar.
- Hazmat technician/specialist
- First responders
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
- Union Pacific System
- Railroad Equipment
- Tank Cars
- Contacting the Railroad
- Safety Issues
- Railroad Resources
- Rail Shipping Papers
- Emergency Response Process
- Recovery Operations
Join this webinar for an overview of the Union Pacific Railroad Hazardous Materials Management Team as well as how to contact the railroad in the event of an emergency.
During the webinar we will review what information would be helpful for you, how we can assist with that information, and in turn how you can help us, working as a team, to bring the incident to a successful conclusion. The course will also review the different types of rail cars and the hazards that a First Responders might encounter with each. There will be a section on locomotives that covers the various quantities of liquid on board, locomotive fires, and crew entrapment and removal techniques. Finally, the webinar will discuss responding safely to an incident, hazards around the rail (rail yard), where to find needed information, and how to read and understand a train consist in order to better protect the citizens of your community.
Pre-registration is required in order to receive the webinar login details. All individuals viewing the webinar must pre-register in order to receive a training certificate (even if you plan on watching the webinar as a group).
Registration will close at 9:00 AM CDT on Friday, July 31 (one hour prior to the start of the webinar).
NOTE: The time for the webinar is Central Time, when you register you will receive a confirmation email and there will be an option to “add to calendar” that will add this event to your calendar and adjust to your time zone.