2023 Union Pacific TRANSCAER Training Event
13101 Leopard St
Corpus Christi TX 78410
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from email@example.com.
The Corpus Christi Fire Department is hosting a Union Pacific - TRANSCAER Railcar Emergency Response training event. This training event provides unique insights into best management practices in railroad emergencies and provides first responders with the experience needed to safely respond to and work in today’s complex world of hazmat rail emergencies.
CE hours may be awarded in the following manner
- Chemical physical properties 1 hrs
- Hazardous Materials Mitigation 2 hrs
- Railroad industry 2 hrs
Participants will learn how to identify railcars, railcar anatomy and how to mitigate railcar incidents including HF leaks. This is more than a lecture based class, you will get hands on training from some of the best in the profession.
Concepts that will be covered:
- HF: Properties, Facilities, Incidents, Mitigation
- Mitigation: From a contractors perspective
- Hands on Leak mitigation and Response on protective housings
- Capping Kits, (C-Kit and Midland Kit)
- Initial duties upon arriving on scene; train lists and RR emergency contact
- Safety when responding/general railroad emergencies
- Recovery procedures and site remediation • Hazardous materials releases or other environmental incidents
HF (Hydrogen Floride) Emergencies — This year’s training will include an HF Specialist discussing HF emergencies and proper mitigation techniques. Industrial responders are encouraged to attend.
• This one-day course is free to all participants
• Class will run from 9:00am – 4:00pm with a (personal) break for lunch at noon
• Gloves, hard hat, safety-toed boots, and eye protection are required
• Hand sanitizing stations will be located on the training site