2021 Union Pacific TRANSCAER Training Event
13101 Leopard Street
Corpus Christi TX 78410
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from email@example.com.
The Corpus Christi Fire Department is hosting a Union Pacific - TRANSCAER Railcar Emergency Response training event.
This training event provides unique insights into best management practices in railroad emergencies and provides first responders with the experience needed to safely respond to and work in today’s complex world of hazmat rail emergencies.
Formaldehyde Emergencies — This year’s training will include a Formaldehyde Specialist discussing formaldehyde emergencies and proper mitigation techniques. Industrial responders are encouraged to attend. Participants will learn how to identify railcars, railcar anatomy and how to mitigate railcar incidents including formaldehyde leaks. This is more than a lecture based class, you will get hands on training from some of the best in the profession.
- Hazmat technician/specialist
- First responders
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
- Free to all participants
- Friday's session is a full-scale exercise!
Concepts that will be covered:
- Formaldehyde: Properties, Facilities, Incidents, Mitigation
- Mitigation: From a contractors perspective
- Initial duties upon arriving on scene; train lists and RR emergency contact
- Safety when responding/general railroad safety
- Recovery procedures and site remediation
- Hazardous materials releases or other environmental incidents
Class will run from 9– 3:30 with a (personal) break for lunch at noon
Friday's session is a full-scale exercise!
- This one day course is free to all participants
- Gloves, hard hat, safety toed boots and eye protection are required
- Each class has 70 openings on a first come basis
- Temperatures will be taken at front gate
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located on training site
- Face masks required
- Social distancing required
CE hours may be awarded in the following manner:
- Chemical & Physical Properties 1 hr.
- Hazardous Materials Mitigation 2 hrs.
- Railroad Industry 2 hrs.
- Union Pacific Railroad