2021 Union Pacific Transcaer Training Event - San Antonio
San Antonio Intermodal Terminal
1300 Interstate 35 Access Rd.
Von Ormy TX 78202
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from email@example.com.
The San Antonio Fire Department and JBSA Fire Department is hosting a Union Pacific - TRANSCAER Railcar Emergency Response training event. This training event provides unique insights into best management practices in railroad emergencies and provides first responders with the experience needed to safely respond to and work in today’s complex world of hazmat rail emergencies. Industry-first responders are encouraged to register as well!
- Hazmat technician/specialist
- First responders
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
Concepts that will be covered:
· Initial duties upon arriving on scene; train lists and RR emergency contact
· Safety when responding/general railroad safety
· Recovery procedures and site remediation
· Locomotive rail car anatomy
· Capping kits
· Hands-on leak mitigation and response on protective housings
· Hazardous materials releases or other environmental incidents
Participants will learn how to identify railcars, railcar anatomy and how to safely mitigate railcar incidents. This is more than a lecture-based class, you will get hands-on training from some of the best in the profession.
· This one day course is free to all participants
· Class will run from 9-4 with a (personal) break for lunch at noon
· Gloves, hard hat, safety toed boots, and eye protection are required
· Each class has 70 openings on a first-come basis