Train the Trainer - Ethanol Emergency Response Webinar
This is a virtual event. You will receive additional information after registering.
- to CST (Registration Closed)
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from email@example.com.
Upon the completion of this course, participants will have knowledge related to ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels including the use, chemical and physical characteristics, transportation modes, transfer operations, basics of foam, suggested responder tactics and strategies and environmental issues.
*Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
- Please be advised this webinar is intended for all professional individuals above the technical level of training who are interested in learning how to teach ethanol emergency response.
- Ethanol and Ethanol-Blended Fuels
- Chemical and Physical Characteristics of Ethanol and Hydrocarbon Fuels
- Transportation and Transfer
- Storage and Dispensing Locations
- Fire Fighting Foam Principles
- General Health and Safety Considerations
- Storage and Pre-planning Considerations
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to describe the use and growth of ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels in the United States.
- Module 3: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to describe the chemical and physical differences between gasoline, ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels.
- Module 4: Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to describe how ethanol-blended fuels are transported and transferred as well as where the most likely points for error in these actions will exist.
- Module 5: Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to discuss common locations for storage and dispensing of ethanol-blended fuels and will provide a basic understanding of these storage/ dispensing sites.
- Module 6: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to develop firefighting strategies and foam-use tactics for controlling and fighting fires associated with flammable liquid hazards of ethanol-blended fuels.
- Module 7: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to determine the potential spill control methods, proper personal protective equipment (PPE), and detection and monitoring devices for responding to ethanol-blended fuel incidents.
- Module 8: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to develop plans to fight or contain fires at tank farms and bulk storage facilities.
WebEx login details will be emailed to attendees a day or two prior to the webinar.