AMTRAK Passenger Train Emergency Response
740 Issaqueena Trail
Central SC 29630
- to EDT (Registration Closed)
- to EDT
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training includes: Classroom
First Responders - Firefighters, Emergency Medical Service, Law Enforcement, Emergency Managers, Police & Fire Dispatchers, Coroners who may respond to or be involved in Amtrak emergencies: You’re invited to attend AMTRAK® Passenger Train Emergency Responder (PTER) training; a free emergency preparedness course to those in the Amtrak service area.
- Railroad Right-of-Way Safety
- Passenger and Host Railroad Relationship
- Emergency Contact Information
- Railroad Nomenclature Including how to Identify:
- Railroad Switches, Mileposts, Signals, Crossings
- Special Circumstances in Response to Passenger Train Incidents
- Train Speeds
- Passenger Train Crew Identification
- Challenges of Extraction
- Incident Command System for Railroad Incidents
- Trespassing on Railroad Property
- Pneumatic and Electrical Hazards
- Train Equipment Design
- Incident Response Pre-Planning
Amtrak Passenger Train Emergency Response (PTER) is an emergency preparedness course for professionals who may respond to an Amtrak emergency. This training complies with the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulation 49 CFR 239.