Lake County LEPC Extremely Hazardous Substance Tabletop Exercise
Lake County Central Permit Facility
500 West Winchester Road
Libertyville IL 60048
- to CDT
- Tabletop exercise (Situation Manual to be provided, multi-module)
- Scenario involves a transportation-related release of an acid
- Interactive panel with audience participation
- Interactive presentations by industry experts
- Complimentary lunch (sponsored)
- Exercise hot wash immediately following last module
- Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
- Fire service
- Hazmat technician/specialist
- First responders
- Emergency planners, support agencies
- Health facilities
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
- Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) emergency response
- Toxic gases
- Corrosive liquids
- Tanker truck anatomy, wrecking
- Leak mitigation
- Air Monitoring
Technical experts from the chemical and emergency response industry will provide introductory presentations prior to the exercise to introduce general chemistry, tactics and case studies related to the exercise scenario.
The tabletop exercise will involve a panel consisting of a local fire chief, industry/transport company representative, county EMA, DOT, Health Department, state EPA, federal EPA, local healthcare facility representative responding to a transportation-related incident. A facilitator will present panelists with the scenario in 3 modules and provide discussion questions directed at the panelists. The audience will be given the opportunity to participate by asking questions and providing additional input following each module.
A facilitated exercise hot wash take place immediately following completion of the final module to solicit feedback and recommendations for improvement related to the exercise incident.
Be at the site by 9:45 am for registration. This event will follow the normally scheduled Lake County LEPC meeting.
Walk-ins are welcome to register on-site at the event, however pre-registration is strongly recommended. Virtual participation will be available via Zoom.