Ammonia Emergency Response Training & Live-Release Drill
Fire Academy of the South – Classroom 106
2700 Fire Fighter Memorial Dr.
Jacksonville FL 32246
- Classroom instruction and live release ammonia drill
- Complimentary lunch
- Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
- Technician Level or Ammonia Specialist (Ammonia Drill – Entry)
- Operations Level (Ammonia Drill – Decon & Air Monitoring)
- Awareness Level (May observe the exercise from a safe distance and attend the lecture portion in the morning)
- Anhydrous Ammonia Overview
- Routes of Exposure
- Health Effects
- First Aid
- Containers/Bulk and Non-Bulk Packaging
- Ammonia Processes
- Types of Ammonia Releases
- Ammonia Response Tactics
- ER Guide Cards
- Tarp & Cover
Ammonia Properties & Emergency Response: An overview of anhydrous ammonia, including its chemical and physical properties, placards, labels, containers, tank construction, and the hazards and potential outcomes associated with an anhydrous ammonia incident.
Ammonia Drill: Live release ammonia drill for participants to practice and perform basic control and confinement operations, including tarp and cover. Decontamination and air monitoring will also be incorporated into the drill.
- Must be Technician Level to enter the live release area of the ammonia drill.
- Operations Level can participate in decontamination and air monitoring.
Class size is limited 45.
You only need to register for one session. All topics & drill are covered within each 7-hour session.
Required PPE for Drill Participants (MUST BRING WITH YOU):
- All Drill Participants: SCBA (there is a bottle refill station on site)
- Operations Level Drill Participants: Turnout Gear or Level B, plus thermal gloves & chemical gloves
- Technician Level Drill Participants: Level A or Encapsulated Level B + plus thermal gloves & chemical gloves. You can utilize Level A suits that are expired or did not pass pressure test at this drill. Lion MT94 suits are also allowed. No Level A training suits are allowed. Any questions regarding PPE for the drill, please contact our lead instructor David Binder at email@example.com.
- All PPE will be subject to pre-evolution inspection to ensure the safety of all participants.
Please advise the instructor(s) of any pre-existing medical condition(s) that may preclude you from participating in any field exercise. Stay hydrated and alert.
Be at the site by 9:00 AM for registration. Class will begin promptly at 9:30AM.
You MUST pre-register for this event, we cannot accommodate walk-ins at this training.
- Tanner Industries, Inc.