First Responder Railroad 101
15790 W. Silverbell Rd.
Marana AZ 85653
- Hands-on with protective housing trailer and classroom PowerPoint presentation
- Complimentary lunch
- Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
- Hazmat technician/specialist
- First responders
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
- Toxic gases
- Corrosive liquids
- Flammable gases
- Rail Safety
- Tank Car Anatomy
- Leak Mitigation & Capping Kits
- Emergency Response
Learn about railroad operations, hazards, safety rules and emergency response procedures are reviewed. Topics include rail paperwork, types of rail cars (to include tank cars), locomotive information, apps to assist in rail responses, etc.
Midland Kit Installation procedures: DO's & DONT"S
Required Safety Gear: Gloves, safety glasses, long pants, and steel toe or composite toe boots}
Please advise the instructor(s) of any pre-existing medical condition(s) that may preclude you from participating in any field exercise. Stay hydrated and alert.
Be at the site by 08:30 am for registration. Depending on registration and training needs, the training schedule may be adjusted prior to event.
Registration will remain open until after the event. Walk-ins are welcome to register on-site at the training event, however we strongly encourage pre-registration.