Train the Trainer - Ethanol Emergency Response Webinar
This is a virtual event. You will receive additional information after registering.
- to CDT (Registration Closed)
Si no recibe su correo electrónico de confirmación, verifique su filtro de correo no deseado. Si el correo electrónico de confirmación no se encuentra en su filtro de correo no deseado, comuníquese con su departamento de TI para asegurarse de que se puedan recibir correos electrónicos de email@example.com.
Upon the completion of this course, participants will have knowledge related to ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels including the use, chemical and physical characteristics, transportation modes, transfer operations, basics of foam, suggested responder tactics and strategies and environmental issues.
*Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
Nivel de asistente
- Hazmat technician/specialist
- First responders
- Anyone interested in learning more about this topic
Enfoque del evento
- Ethanol and Ethanol-Blended Fuels
- Chemical and Physical Characteristics of Ethanol and Hydrocarbon Fuels
- Transportation and Transfer
- Storage and Dispensing Locations
- Fire Fighting Foam Principles
- General Health and Safety Considerations
- Storage and Pre-planning Considerations
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to describe the use and growth of ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels in the United States.
- Module 3: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to describe the chemical and physical differences between gasoline, ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels.
- Module 4: Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to describe how ethanol-blended fuels are transported and transferred as well as where the most likely points for error in these actions will exist.
- Module 5: Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to discuss common locations for storage and dispensing of ethanol-blended fuels and will provide a basic understanding of these storage/ dispensing sites.
- Module 6: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to develop firefighting strategies and foam-use tactics for controlling and fighting fires associated with flammable liquid hazards of ethanol-blended fuels.
- Module 7: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to determine the potential spill control methods, proper personal protective equipment (PPE), and detection and monitoring devices for responding to ethanol-blended fuel incidents.
- Module 8: Upon the completion of this module, participants will be able to develop plans to fight or contain fires at tank farms and bulk storage facilities.