1st Annual Virginia Hazmat Weekend
Yorktown CBRNE Training Center
503 Back Creek Road
Seaford VA 23696
- to EDT
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classroom instruction and field exercises
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Certificates upon successful completion will be emailed following the event
- Technician Level (Ammonia Drill – Entry)
- Operations Level (Ammonia Drill – Decon & Air Monitoring)
Must be Technician Level to enter the live release area of the ammonia drill.
Operations Level can participate in the drill through decon and air monitoring.
Ethanol Emergency Response: An overview of ethanol and ethanol-blended fuels, the chemical and physical characteristics of ethanol and hydrocarbon fuels, transportation, and transfer, storage & dispensing locations, firefighting foam principles, general health and safety considerations, and pre-planning considerations.
Ammonia Properties & Emergency Response: An overview of anhydrous ammonia, including its chemical and physical properties, placards, labels, containers, tank construction, and the hazards and potential outcomes associated with an anhydrous ammonia incident.
Ammonia Drill: Live release ammonia drill for participants to practice and perform basic control and confinement operations, including tarp and cover. Decontamination and air monitoring will also be incorporated into the drill.
Required PPE for Drill Participants (MUST BRING WITH YOU):
- All Drill Participants: SCBA (there is a bottle refill station on site)
- Operations Level Drill Participants: Turnout Gear or Level B, plus thermal gloves & chemical gloves
- Technician Level Drill Participants: Level A or Encapsulated Level B (plus thermal gloves & chemical gloves). You can utilize Level A suits that are expired or did not pass pressure test at this drill. No Level A training suits are allowed.
Please advise the instructor(s) of any pre-existing medical condition(s) that may preclude you from participating in the field exercise. Stay hydrated and alert.
Be at the site by 8:00 AM for registration. Class will begin promptly at 8:30AM.
You MUST pre-register for this event, we cannot accommodate walk-ins at this training.
REGISTRATION: At this time we can only accommodate 48 attendees at this training event. If required registration capacity may be reduced due to state regulations for COVID-19. You will be contacted directly if your registration has to be canceled.
- Virginia Association of Hazardous Materials Response Specialists
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management