Rail Safety & Emergency Response Training
If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam filter. If the confirmation email is not located in your spam filter, please reach out to your IT department to ensure emails can be received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classroom instruction
- Equipment Walk Around
- First responders
- Local, State officials
- Safety On Railroad Property
- Rail Shipping Documents
- Rail Equipment Identification
- Rail Tank Cars
- Incident Response Procedures
- Working with Railroad Officials
- AskRail Mobile App
Session 1: The classroom portion will describe
- Safety considerations that responders should understand when entering the railroad right of way
- How the railroad operates during and emergency
- Identification of Railcars
- Railroad Paperwork
- Mobile Apps
Field Exercise : Participants will have the opportunity to walk around various tank cars and locomotive as well get on the flat cars to view the various types of protective housings
Required Safety Gear: Gloves, safety glasses, long pants, and steel toe or composite toe boots.
NO OPEN TOE SHOES WILL BE ALLOWED
Registration will remain open until after the event. Walk-ins are welcome to register on-site at the training event, however we strongly encourage pre-registration.