Fire, PD, EMA, Industrial Response
For additional information please contact Tony Houdyshell @ firstname.lastname@example.org
CP’s Emergency response team along with the United States Coast Guard will be hosting a TRANSCAER® (Transportation Community Awareness and Emergency Response) outreach event.
This 8 hour training class will review the strategy and tactics of Environmental Emergencies Response in waterways during freezing conditions. Weather permitting, indoor classroom instruction will be followed by hands-on training conducted on the ice.
• Cold and Frozen Water Oil Spills • Self-Rescue Techniques
• Cold Weather Oil Spill Response PPE • Moving Ice - Spill Response Containment
• Ice Characteristics • Surface and Subsurface Oil Removal
• Source Containment Techniques • Decontamination - Cold Weather Operations
• Ice Slotting - Chainsaw • Diversion and Collection
• Ice Slotting - Sled • Trenching
· Hard Hat
· Safety glasses
· Steel toed shoes/boots
· Work gloves (water proof if possible)
· USCG Approved, Life jackets or Exposure Suit
· Appropriate Dress for Weather
There is no cost to attend this event, just your time.