First responders, fire, police, ems, emergency management, local/ state/ federal government leadership, school leadership, hosptial emergency managment
Manager of Hazardous Materials Field Services
Special Agent-CSX Police Department
Who – All first responders, emergency management personnel, local, state, and federal government leaders, private industry that would be affected, hospital personnel, school personnel, and more. Please feel free to invite any other individuals or corporate representatives that may be affected during a hazardous material situation. Everyone will benefit from the learning experience!
What - CSX Transportation's Crisis Management Exercise facilitated by Compliance Associates. There is no charge to attend this training opportunity.
When – The Exercise will start promptly at 10:00 am on Monday, August 7th. We should adjourn no later than 2:30 pm.
Where – 6575 N. W Street, Pensacola, FL, 32505 (Escambia County Emergency Operations Center Training Room)
Why - While the release of hazardous material incidents are rare in nature these events have the potential to impact virtually all aspects of the community.
Food & beverages
- A lunch will be provided by CSX Transportation Hazardous Materials Team
This mock drill will consist of a hazardous material release which will affect the community. Just like in a “real” incident the determination of whether or not to evacuate the area will be decided by the local first responders and emergency management agency representatives.
Participants will complete the following:
Establishment of command and control for the Exercise Incident presented:
- Establish a remote command post
- Establish communications with the railroad and other interested parties
- Establish a unified incident command system
- Ensure that all parties involved are informed of response plan and actions to be taken
- Initiate and maintain incident control zones
- Develop action plan for management of incident
- Identify Product(s) involved
- Determine physical and chemical characteristics
- Perform basic risk assessment
Initiate Public Protection Actions
- Evaluate risk of exposure to civilians (Toxicity, risk of fire, etc.)
- Determine protective actions required
- Evacuate or shelter-in-place, as appropriate
- Ensure proper management of evacuees, as needed
- Notify appropriate authorities of spilled products, as required
Initiate Control and Containment of Spilled Products
- Dikes, dams, diversion of spilled products, containment, etc.
- Design a Containment Plan, as appropriate
Establish a Public Information System
- Assign a PIO
- Control Media
- DEVELOP AN ACTION PLAN